Curry leaf essential oil has many benefits but the most common benefit of its oil is that, it helps in controlling iron deficiency. It also helps in nourishing the skin by making the skin soft and supple. Its oil is also used in production of soap.
The fresh leaves of this plant are processed by steam distillation method to get curry leaf oil. The quality of the curry leaf oil will be poor if it will be processed under normal pressure. The oil that is extracted is yellow in colour and has strong fragrance and is bitter sweet in taste. The average amount of oil that is produced is between 0.12% and 0.20%. The essential oil of curry leaves contain alpha and beta pinene as well as caryophyllene which is found in clove and cinnamon as well.
COMMONLY KNOWN BENEFITS
- *Gastrointestinal disorders can be treated by adding one tiny drop of curry leaf oil to the butter milk.
- *Single drop of this oil can be added to lemon juice to cure indigestion problems.
- *Skin irritation can be cured by applying the oil externally on stings and insect bites.
- *The curry leaf oil can be used to treat the dark circles around the eyes when mixed with carrier oil. It is
- also helpful in the prevention of cataract.
- *It is a good remedy for treating nausea also.
- *The curry leaf oil is also good for hair growth and it is helpful in improving the colour also. It prevents hair
- loss and premature greying of the hair. It is helpful in regaining the original colour of the hair also.
- *The curry leaf oil is also beneficial in treating cuts, wounds, bruises and rashes.
- *This oil is very rich in essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals such as calcium, folic acids, zinc and beta
- carotene which is helpful in promoting the oral health of the person.
- *Researchers of the biochemistry department of Kerala University proved that curry leaf oil helps in
- reducing the bad cholesterol level of the body.
- *It has the anti-hyperglycenic properties which helps in reducing the glucose level of blood and treats
- *It is helpful in removing harmful toxins from the body which results in reducing stress.
- *The essential oil of curry leaves also has other properties like antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and